Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
KWV classic melot 750 ML
- This generous and vibrant Merlot shows upfront aromas of plum, mulberry and fruit cake with nuances of eucalyptus and cedary oak. The palate is accessible with indulgent tannins and a seamless finish.
- Variety: Merlot | 100% Merlot
- Winery : KWV Classic Collection
alc : 14.31 % vol rs : 4.0 g/l pH : 3.4 ta : 5.8 g/l type : Red style : Dry body : Medium pack : Bottle closure : Cork
- In the vineyard : The winter preceding the 2015 vintage was characterized by maximum hours in the optimal range. Bud break was 10 days early. Spring to November was warm on average, but the entire growing season and most of harvest experienced cool evenings. This was fantastic for both flavour development as well as synthesis of phenols, like tannin and colour, which accompanied bright fruit and perfect acidity in the final result. December had warm days and unusually cool evenings, but it was also very dry with the Cape forgoing the usual December and January rains. The moisture constraint in the root zone activated hormonal responses in the vines that sped up ripening even further while ensuring great concentration. Cool evenings meant the vines recovered from the heat of the day and delicate aromatics were preserved. The surprise harvest saw everyone stretched to the limit. Nonetheless, care was taken with each parcel of fruit and the KWV team met the challenge with aplomb.
- Ageing : Enjoy this wine now or cellar for up to two and a half years from vintage.
- Enjoy this wine on its own or with tomato based pastas, roasted duck, chicken or grilled steak.
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.